Skip to main content
Ames Izaak Walton League
Main Content

Ames Ikes History

The Ames Ikes began in February 1949 with 152 charter members.  Today our chapter has grown to nearly 700 members.  Over the years there have been many changes to the park and facilities: property was purchased in the spring of 1950; the lake was constructed that fall; the chapterhouse was added in 1960 and additional property was purchased in 1967 for the expansion of the Trap & Skeet range.  Currently we have 77 acres which includes a five acre lake.



© 2024 Ames Izaak Walton League. All rights reserved